10 quick facts about dead tycoon who contested against Interior CS Kithure Kindiki
Tycoon Francis Kiambi, who died at his Karen Home on Monday, January 9, 2023, has being eulogized by his family in a heartwarming manner.
In a tribute book on his life titled Life and Times of Francis Kiambi Matanka Kiriiro, the family revealed interesting things he did when he was alive.
“Francis grew up in humble beginnings leading a remarkably simple life at his young age,” the family in the tribute said.
Also read: Ex-Embakasi South MP aspirant reveals young daughter died of malaria
He is also known for contesting against political giant, Interior CS Kithure Kindiki. Anyhow, here are the ten things you should know about him;
- He enjoyed herding livestock
- He also made sculptures during his young age
- He also enjoyed making carvings
- He participated in pottery.
- He was also a superb soccer player who once broke his leg while playing a match that he loved most
- He was traditionally initiated to adulthood and named M’Rumuri on December 8, 1988
- He was an entrepreneur from a tender age and even operated the Student Center Canteen selling
- He started doing politics while at University, where he was voted in as a leader.
- His wife usually referred to him as Captain.
- He married his wife, Ms Mary Muthoni, in 2005.
Also read: RIP! Burial plans announced for Tharaka Nithi politician Francis Kiambi
The politician’s death was reported at Karen Police Station by his wife Ms. Muthoni who said that they had some differences after they differed on an Sh2 billion loan that the deceased wanted to start a business.
Ms Muthoni said they arrived home at midnight after meeting with the family advocate at a joint within Karen Shopping Center. They were also with a relative.
“The couple had some domestic differences since Ms Muthoni had refused to guarantee the deceased a loan of Sh2 billion which he intended to take to open a business,” the police report read in part.
The couple on that night did not spend in the same room, and each of them slept on their own separately.
Also read: RIP: Kenyatta University student found dead in boyfriend’s house buried