From Safaricom to KDF; here are Baba’s top 5 ‘frenemies’
Opposition leader Raila Odinga is on a mission to capture the Presidency and nothing or no-one will seemingly stand in his way.
Whoever dares to, is blacklisted from Baba’s circle of friends. Problem is, that list of frenemies keeps growing by the day.
Here are some of those on Baba’s fast growing list of frenemies:
1. Safaricom – Mr Odinga has accused the giant telecommunications firm of knowing and concealing information about the alleged theft 100 electronic (Kiems) kits from the Independent Boundaries and Electoral Commission (IEBC). Safaricom has denied any wrongdoing.
2. Al Ghurair – Mr Odinga has repeatedly claimed the Dubai-based printing firm should be blacklisted and not be given the ballot paper printing tender for the repeat polls.
The Nasa presidential candidate has also accused the firm of colluding with IEBC to print additional and unconventional ballot papers which they allege were used to rig during the August 8 elections.
3. Kenya Defence Forces – In the run up to the August presidential elections, Mr Odinga accused the government of dragging the Kenya Defence Forces into politics. The claim was however denied by the government.
4. IEBC – Mr Odinga has had a bone to pick with successive regimes of the IEBC. Initially, he waged and a war with the Issack Hassan led commission, and initiated mass protests to force their removal from office. Now, he’s trained his guns on IEBC’s chief executive Ezra Chiloba among others. He wants them out before the October 26 election.
5. Safran Morpho – Mr Odinga says Safran Morpho should be stopped from supplying technology for the fresh election. He wants the French firm to take responsibility for the failures in the Kenya Integrated Elections Management System (KIEMS).