Nairobi News


City couple dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning during cold night

A man and his wife were found dead in Soweto area, Kayole after dying from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

Milton Kitosi, 42, and his wife had slept with a lit charcoal jiko to warm their house on a cold night.

They were found dead after the man’s colleagues went to check on him after he failed to show up at work on Saturday and his phone went unanswered.

The colleagues went to his house and checked through the window to find two dead bodies on the bed.

The charcoal jiko was found beside the bed.

The two bodies were moved to city mortuary as police conduct investigation.

And in Mradi area, Embakasi, a man was electrocuted while hanging wet clothes in a clothesline.

Neighbours told police that Jackson Kioko was hanging clothes when the accident happened.

He was taken to Bliss Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

The body was then taken to city mortuary pending investigations.