Crazy Kennar, Kwambox selected for Meta’s Creators of Tomorrow campaign
Kenyan content creators Crazy Kennar and Kwambox have been selected to be part of Meta’s newly launched campaign Creators of Tomorrow.
The campaign celebrates emerging talents from around the world who are inspiring a new movement of creative content online. It spotlights creators in Sub-Saharan Africa from East Africa, Southern Africa and Francophone Africa.
The selected Creators of Tomorrow are breaking out amongst their communities online, and are showcasing a best-in-class approach to video formats, technology and interactive entertainment.
The global campaign is the first of its kind, starting in Europe, The Middle East and Africa, and expanding to more countries around the world in the coming months.
Meta will be working closely with these creators over the next year, as they continue to grow their audience and turn their passions into professions across Meta technologies.
They will host exclusive events across the region to honour the Creators of Tomorrow, sharing the most recent news, tips, tools, and resources from Meta technologies.
In Kenya, Creators, including those featured in the campaign, will attend an exclusive brunch that will include a Reels School, while in South Africa, over 50 Creators will attend a Creator Day that will include dedicated tailored workshops and training to help them thrive in this evolving digital and creator economy.
Africa’s 10 identified Creators of Tomorrow include:
1. Sheila Kwamboka aka Kwambox (Kenya) – A radio presenter who keeps her listeners entertained with her dance moves and bubbly personality. She’s also a well-known MC and event host.
2. Kennedy Odhiambo aka Crazy Kennar (Kenya) – An award-winning Nairobi-based comedian whose content is centered on comedy addressing young people’s everyday experiences.
3. Nadia Matovu (Uganda) – A Kampala-based influencer, wife, and businesswoman who uses her daily life to create content that inspires her followers.
4. Pamela Mtanga is a multimedia entrepreneur from South Africa. She is a fashion and beauty content creator whose brand is built on honesty, relatability, and empowerment.
5. Ruth Ronnie is a Zambian recording artist, live performer, and content creator. She is a versatile artist best known for her musical genres dancehall, reggae, afropop, RnB, afrosoul, and trapsoul.
6. Ruvarashe Hapaguti is a Zimbabwean actress and content creator. Her content ranges from comedic skits to make-up tutorials, which she presents in an engaging manner to her audience.
7. Mishaa (Ivory Coast) – A dance enthusiast who shares her passion for dance art and performances with her social media followers. Mishaa, an ambassador for Trace Music and Universal Music Africa, dances to African urban rhythms such as coupé-décalé, afro-beat, RN’B, and others, and shares her choreographies in Reels on Instagram and Facebook.
8. Sara D’Hologne (Ivory Coast) – A painter and the founder of SARTA, an artistic universe dedicated to the interior and exterior wall decoration of the house. Sara is the torchbearer of natural hair in Ivory Coast, which she proudly promotes on her social media accounts.
9. Fatou Jupiter Touré – Senegalese actress, producer, UN ambassador, entrepreneur, and founder of the film festival Les Teranga. Tropics, a South African magazine, has named her among the 700 most influential Africans for the second time. Fatou’s talent and love for theatre and cinema enabled her to turn her passion into a career.
10. Ngorbatchev Niang – Senegalese fashion stylist, producer, and film director. He runs “Ngorbatchev Maison de Couture” and “Ngorbatchev Nprod.” M. Niang is passionate about what makes life more beautiful, and he aims to reflect this beauty in his clothing collections, which he sells and promotes on Instagram and Facebook.
For the first time, the Creators of Tomorrow will be able to attend the EMEA Creator Week, which will be held in London at the iconic Tate Britain in November 2022. Other regional Creators at various stages of their careers will join Creators of Tomorrow there to collaborate, learn from one another, and continue to find inspiration in the future of content creation on our platforms.