Eight lingerie basics every Nairobi woman should know
Lingerie is essential in the life of a Kenyan woman today. This means that she should go out of her way to educate herself on the essentials of it. Here’s a look into some of them;
1. Know your bra size – There is a surprising big number of women who are unaware of their bra sizes. This results in a lot of discomfort caused be wearing the wrong fit. The very first thing that a woman should do is get a professional fitting to know her size.
2. Be a little selfish – I know, the Kenyan woman is raised to look out for others. You should know that when it comes to lingerie, it is okay to be selfish. Invest in good quality lingerie and only buy lingerie that you want.
3. Don’t be afraid to experiment – You know how fashion experts tell you to find out what styles fits you best and to stick with it? Well, this doesn’t apply to lingerie. With lingerie, it is an open playing field. Try away.
4. Stock up on the basics – Just as you are told that you should never lack a little black dress in your closet, there are lingerie basics that every woman should have. That is a black bra, a strapless bra and a sports bra. The comfortable black bra goes with light tops, the sports bra for working out and the strapless for off shoulder dresses.
5. Hand washing – Lingerie is a special type of clothing that needs particular care. Lingerie should not be machine washed as this interferes with quality and fastens the wear and tear. Ideally, lingerie should be hand washed and sun dried.
6. Make time – Lingerie shopping should never be an afterthought. Just as you make time to buy food, go out of your way to create time to shop for lingerie. It should never be an afterthought. Do not forget to have some fun while at it.
7. Comfort comes first – As much as it is all about experimenting, comfort comes first. How well you feel in your lingerie determines how comfortable you will be in the whole outfit. Your lingerie choice could make or ruin your day.
8. It isn’t for special occasions – Then there is that misguided notion that lingerie should only be worn on special occasions. The truth is that lingerie can be an everyday attire. It in fact, should be.