Here are some common excuses you’re likely to get from dodgy Kenyan debtors
Kenyans online have complied a list of typical Kenyan excuses that you’ll get from debtors who are unwilling to pay back money borrowed.
A curious online user first posted the question on a closed Facebook group, wanting to know the kind of excuses they get from dodgy debtors.
“Apart from nakupigia tuu sai sai, which other statements are said by people who owe you money?” the user posed.
As expected other online users quickly joined in to offer other common lame excuse that are often given by such debtors.
Here are the 10 ‘award winning’ ones that we picked:
1. Najua niko na deni yako sio ati nimesahau.
2. Aki sijalipwa bado.
3. Kata nikupigie.
4. Halo halo sikuskii, kwani hii simu iko na nini.
5. Niko kwa mat nikishuka nitakucall.
6. Kuna ka loan nangoja, nitakusort kakifika.
7. In a meeting will call u shortly…
8. Hata nilikua nikupigie jana…wacha tuongee saa nane.
9. Nilikua nikutumie last week nikashikana, acha nikutafte kesho jioni.
10. Leo haitaisha kama sijakutumia.