Father, child burnt to death as inferno razes Mukuru houses
A father and his young son died on Tuesday night after their house caught fire in Mukuru kwa Njenga slums, Embakasi.
The 27 year old father was in the house with his two-year-old son when the fire started. The bodies of the two victims were taken to City Mortuary pending postmortem.
Around 30 iron sheet rooms were reduced to ashes by the inferno. Members of the public and police officers helped put out the fire.
Police suspect the fire was caused by an explosion of a cooking gas cylinder.
Meanwhile in Kasarani, a father is mourning the loss of his daughter who is suspected to have inhaled carbon monoxide in their house on Tuesday.
According to a police report filled by the grieving father, he came back from work in the evening and found his daughter’s bedroom locked from inside.
The father forced the door open and found the body of his daughter lying on the bed with a jiko next to her bed. Her body had no visible injuries. Her body was taken to Kenyatta University mortuary pending autopsy.
In Shauri Moya estate, a man who was in a group of five suspected robbers was shot and killed by police officers on Monday afternoon.
According to police report, undercover officers received information about a group of five men who were robbing members of the public. The officers gave chase and one of them drew a pistol and shot at the officers.
The officers responded by shooting and killing the unknown male as his accomplices escaped towards Gikomba. A revolver with an obliterated serial number loaded with three rounds was recovered.