Father of viral Bomet bride reveals why the wedding did not happen
A 23-year-old bride from Bomet, Nelly Chepkoech, has become the center of online discussions after her wedding, scheduled for Saturday, December 9, was abruptly postponed.
The revelation comes with conflicting explanations from the bride and her father, Rev Charles Kosgei, shedding light on the unexpected turn of events.
According to Reverend Kosgei, he was called to discuss his daughter’s wedding with the groom who has only been identified as Amos.
Following their meeting, the decision was made to postpone the ceremony because the couple had allegedly been in courtship for only six months.
Rev Kosgei expressed acceptance of the decision despite the challenges of the late cancellation, stating:
“After reaching there, he told me we are going to cancel or rather postponed the wedding between Amos and Nelly because they have been in courtship for only six months. They are still young and they still need guidance and counselling. Although I accepted it is painful decision and so costly as I had already made arrangements for this day,” he said.
However, Nelly had given her side of the story earlier, asserting that the wedding was postponed due to missing documents.
She clarified,””We did not have an option about the wedding being canceled. Amos and I were in tears, but people are cursing me for canceling my wedding, which I did not.”
Nelly’s father revealed that he had already given Amos’ family some dowry appreciation, expressing his hope that the wedding would occur in 2024.
“I was told the relationship was too young. I have visited Amos’ family, paid five cows, and even given out money to that family. That was a sign of appreciation. I do not know if the wedding is going to continue or it has come to an end. All the same, I trust God that this event will continue in February or April in 2024. My daughter did not run away and my daughter is here, and I have her at home.”
The groom is yet to address the issue.