Governor Ruto to stay longer in South Africa after surgery
Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto will spend one more week in South Africa, following a successful surgery on his cheek at a private hospital.
This was revealed on Monday even as the governor’s supporters in Bomet continued to call for action against police officers who are said to have thrown teargas canisters at him during a football match at Silibwet stadium.
The county boss, who was admitted to Nairobi Hospital after the injury, was flown to South Africa last week for further treatment.
Bomet County Director of Information Kiprotich Samoei told the Daily Nation that the governor was still recovering at the hospital, which he did not name.
“We expect him back next weekend depending on what the doctors say. He was operated on Thursday and the doctors are still looking after him. They will decide when to release him but tentatively by the end of this week,” he said.