Guys, eight clever tips of asking her out on Facebook this weekend
You can’t fight it. Our online platforms have now replaced a big part of our face to face interactions. The virtual world is now a great place to meet a date. Here are the dos and don’ts for a man to ask a woman out on Facebook without coming off as creepy:
1. Clean up your wall – When a woman gets a message from a stranger on Facebook, the first thing she does is go to his wall. To have a chance at a date, clean up your wall before sending out any messages. Leave only those things you feel represent who you really are.
2. Friend them first – If you are going to ask a woman out on Facebook, you need to be friends first or to at least have a few mutual friends. Before you send an inbox asking her on a date, send her a friend request. If she accepts it, go ahead and say your intentions. If she doesn’t, move on.
3. Get to know her a little bit – Once your love interest has accepted your friends request, do not ask her out immediately. That is very off putting for a woman as it suggests that you are only after one thing. Strike up a conversation with her so you can know her a little better. You may even find out that you aren’t interested in her anymore.
4. It’s all in your head – Whether she says yes or no mostly depends on your perspective. Show some enthusiasm, be friendly, flirt but don’t go overboard and most important, do not use profanities.
5. Give them time – After you have told your love interest your intentions, you may have to wait a few hours or even days before you can say for sure that they are not interested in you. She may be one of those people who checks their Facebook only occasionally. You are going to have to learn to art of patience.
6. Invite her to an event – Another clever way of asking a woman on a date on Facebook is creating an event then inviting her. When creating the specifics of the event, make sure that she sees she is the only other person that is invited.
7. Maintain your dignity – Some women will respond to messages they get on Facebook, other women won’t. If a woman doesn’t respond to the message you sent asking her out, take that as a ‘No’ and move on. If you keep messaging after this, it comes off as stalking which kills any chances you may have had with her.
8. Do not involve middle men – Whatever you do, don’t involve a third party if you are interested in a woman on Facebook. This comes off as very immature. If she doesn’t accept your friend request or your invitation for a date, let her be.