Nairobi News

GeneralHustleLifeMust ReadWhat's Hot

How detectives nabbed main suspect in Nairobi Hospital Finance boss Eric Maigo’s murder

By Nyaboga Kiage September 27th, 2023 2 min read

Full details of how Ann Adhiambo Akinyi, the main suspect in the murder of Nairobi Hospital Finance boss Eric Maigo was arrested can now be revealed.

Akinyi who has been on the run was arrested by sleuths attached to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) on September 21, 2023.

Akinyi who Police say is a minor had spent the better part of the day within Kibra Sub-County.

She was spotted in various locations including Cemetery Area, Show Ground in Jamhuri Area, and within Olympic Estate before she made a decision to go to a friend’s house to spend the night.

Immediately the friend welcomed her, she informed the mother of Akinyi that the daughter was in her house.

Also read: Alfred Mutua: Kenya set to deploy 1,000 troops in Haiti

Muthoni Mukiri: Ladies, it is not your boyfriend’s role to give you money

The mother then quickly alerted the police who swung into action and arrested the murder suspect.

A sleuth who spoke to Nairobi News in confidence as he is not authorized to address the media said police officers have been monitoring phone calls of close relatives to the suspect.

“Sleuths were closely monitoring phone calls of the suspect’s relatives and friends which made it easier to nab her,” said the sleuth.

Akinyi is currently held at the Muthaiga Police Station and is awaiting transfer to Kilimani Police Station, which is handling the matter.

The lady was captured in CCTV footage escaping from the home of the victim located in Woodley estate by scaling through the perimeter wall.

At some point, as she was jumping over while barefoot, she fell on the barbed wires that were placed on the upper part of the perimeter wall.

Detectives pursuing the case then managed to trace the home of the suspect to Bombolulu in Kibra Sub-County where they found the clothes that she was dressed in on that fateful day.

Initially, police had arrested a woman namely Ms Cynthia Lusega Andalo, and arraigned in court before the prosecution team asked them to set her free.

This is after the evidence showed that she was not at the scene of the crime when the incident happened.