Inside Anerlisa Muigai’s Sh 1m body lift plastic surgeries that transformed her
For quite some time, Anerlisa Muigai, the Keroche heiress, had kept her fans guessing about whether she had ever undergone plastic surgery to achieve her striking body transformation.
The first time she publicly acknowledged her surgical journey was back in January when she candidly addressed the topic, making it clear that her surgeries had never been a secret.
Anerlisa stated that she had openly discussed her surgical procedures while narrating her weight loss journey.
“There is nothing hidden about my surgeries. If you follow my weight loss platform, you will be well-informed about them. It’s very normal that after significant weight loss, certain areas of the body can be challenging to correct solely through exercise, especially considering the size I was before.”
Responding to a question from a fan on her weight loss app, Anerlisa admitted to having undergone surgery on her arms and breasts.
She straightforwardly answered, “Yes, my arms and my breasts are the only parts I had to lift with a doctor. Everything else regained its shape after a good diet and a dedicated fitness trainer.”
When asked about how she coped with the pain following her surgeries, she revealed that she had to rely on strong painkillers initially but gradually recovered her comfort after four months.
In a recent interview with Mpasho, Anerlisa shared further insights into her weight loss journey.
She disclosed that she had tried a non-surgical method involving a balloon inserted in her stomach, which helped her lose weight for six months.
However, she began to regain weight afterward. That’s when she embraced a fitness routine comprising workouts and dietary adjustments.
“My weight gain during those three years was primarily due to stress from a difficult relationship, which people observed. But after ending that relationship, I regained my normal size through exercise and diet. Initially, I used the balloon weight loss method but regained the weight. It’s not recommended for more than three months. That’s the only non-surgical procedure I’ve tried, and everyone knows that,” Anerlisa explained.
Anerlisa Muigai also mentioned that her fitness trainer had advised her to undergo arm and breast lifts to tighten and tone her body.
“My arms weren’t toning as I wanted, and they appeared saggy, so my trainer suggested I do something about them, along with my breasts. Those are the only two surgical procedures I’ve undergone.”
What is body lift surgery?
The Body lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure designed to address sagging skin and excess fat in multiple areas of the body.
It is often performed on individuals who have undergone significant weight loss, typically after bariatric surgery or through diet and exercise and are left with loose, hanging skin that can be aesthetically displeasing and uncomfortable.
Here are key aspects of body lift surgery:
- Areas Targeted: Body lift surgery primarily targets the lower body, including the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and hips. It can vary in scope, with some procedures focusing on specific areas, while others involve a more extensive makeover, addressing multiple areas simultaneously.
- Skin Tightening: The primary goal of a body lift is to remove excess skin and tighten the remaining skin in the treated areas. This can help improve the body’s contour and restore a more toned and youthful appearance.
- Liposuction: In addition to skin removal, liposuction may also be performed during a body lift surgery to remove excess fat deposits. This can further enhance the body’s contours.
- Incisions: Body lift procedures typically involve making incisions in strategic locations to access and remove excess skin and fat. The location and length of these incisions can vary depending on the specific areas being treated and the extent of the surgery.
- Recovery: Recovery from a body lift surgery can be lengthy and may require several weeks to months. Patients are often advised to avoid strenuous activities during this time and to wear compression garments to support the healing process.
- Scarring: Body lift surgery does leave scars, which can vary in visibility depending on factors like the surgical technique used, the individual’s skin type, and how well they follow post-operative care instructions. Surgeons aim to place incisions in areas that can be concealed by clothing as much as possible.
- Results: The results of a body lift surgery can be dramatic, providing patients with a firmer, more toned body contour. However, it’s important to maintain a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and exercise to ensure long-term results.
The cost of body lift surgery can vary significantly. The surgeon’s experience and credentials determine it, the specific procedures involved, and the geographic location of the surgical facility.
According to the latest data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of body lift surgery stands at $7,924 (Ksh1,166,412.80).