Nairobi News

GeneralHustleMust ReadNewsWhat's Hot

Kasarani guards find a man’s body in a private hospital corridor

By Hilary Kimuyu September 28th, 2023 2 min read

Detectives in Kasarani have initiated an investigation following a disturbing discovery made by security guards on duty at a private hospital on Wednesday, September 27. The guards stumbled upon the lifeless body of a man in the facility’s corridors.

Upon making the grim discovery, the guards promptly alerted the police, who quickly arrived to assess the situation.

They found that the middle-aged man had visible injuries on his forehead, raising immediate concerns about the circumstances of his demise.

Additionally, the police noted that the body bore bloodstains on the face when it was discovered.

As part of the investigative process, the police have transported the deceased’s body to the mortuary, where a comprehensive autopsy will be conducted to determine the exact cause of death.

Simultaneously, a thorough inquiry will be carried out to shed light on the circumstances leading to this tragic incident.

Also read: Governor Simba Arati fires repentant drunk staff during midnight hospital visit

In their pursuit of the truth, the police have summoned the night guards on duty when the incident is believed to have occurred. Their testimonies and insights are expected to provide valuable information to aid the investigation.

This recent incident serves as a chilling reminder of a previous event just two months ago in the Sunton area of Kasarani, Nairobi. In that case, a group brought a bleeding man to a hospital and left him abandoned in the waiting bay.

Attendants at the Chieko Medical Centre recounted how about ten people entered the facility on the night of June 29, around 10 pm, with a man who had fresh stab wounds in his chest.

Alarmed hospital staff revealed that the victim was unresponsive and bleeding profusely when he was unceremoniously left. The group swiftly disappeared as nurses attended to the injured man.

The police were promptly summoned to the scene and, sadly, confirmed that the man had succumbed to his injuries. The victim was identified as Hebronia Atembekhwa, aged 20, based on an identification card found in his possession.

As with the current case, the body was transported to the mortuary pending an autopsy and further investigation.

No arrests have been made in connection with the earlier incident, and investigators continue to work diligently to unravel the mysteries surrounding these tragic events.

Also read: Family agony as kin falls to death from balcony of Kerugoya Hospital