Knec board dissolved, to be probed over exam cheating
The Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec) board has been dissolved over the irregularities that marred national examinations in 2015.
Former University of Nairobi Vice-Chancellor Prof George Magoha has been appointed as the new chairman of the board, with immediate effect.
The council’s chief executive officer Joseph Kivilu and seven other top officials have been ordered to immediately record statements with the police.
Interior Cabinet Joseph Nkaissery directed the eight, who are suspected to have been involved in the scandal, to record the statements so that action can be taken against them.
Below are the officials whoa have been ordered to record statements with the police.
- Dr Joseph Kivilu, Knec Chief Executive.
- Ambia G. Noor, Senior deputy secretary examination.
- Maundu Matenzawa, Deputy Secretary, security.
- Thomas McKenzie, Principal examinations secretary.
- Sarah Majani, Senior deputy secretary, reprographics.
- Bobby Nyagah Mwai, senior deputy secretary.
- Geoffery Gitogo, senior deputy secretary, in charge of ICT.
- Michael Ndua, principal supply chain management officer.
- Richard Mwangangi, deputy secretary.