Ladies, eight simple tips to keep your vagina healthy and happy
A woman’s lady parts are an essential part of who she is. The healthier a woman is down there, the happier she is.
The good news is that it doesn’t take too much time or effort to keep things clean and healthy. Here are a few tips to achieve this.
1. Use protection – Other than preventing unplanned pregnancies, using protection will keep your lady parts healthy by preventing STIs and keeping the PH levels normal.
2. Go commando – The recommended material for women’s underwear is cotton as it is absorbent allows the skin to breathe. Even better, is going commando. This will keep your lady parts dry and infections at bay.
3. Work it out – At every work out, do not forget to include the Kegels. These are very important for your pelvic muscles. They will help you stay healthy by improving your bladder control as well as the strength of your orgasms.
4. Use lube – This is the one thing that a woman who is keen on her vaginal health should have in her closet. Having it during intimate moments with your significant other prevents you from getting micro tears around your genital area which can make you susceptible to infections.
5. Be careful while cycling – Cycling can be a fulfilled sport but also one that should be cautiously approached. To avoid pain and numbness in that area, try wearing padded shorts when you are out cycling.
6. Good menstrual hygiene – With an influx of good quality menstrual hygiene products in the market, it is easy to get carried away and to forget to change frequently. When you do, you get an overgrowth of bacteria as well as itching which can be very uncomfortable.
7. See your gynae – They say that if you keep looking for trouble, you will find it. This saying does not apply to your health. Keep your annual visits to your gynaecologist.
8. Don’t douche – If you are on one of those women’s groups online then you must have read tons of posts about how you should douche with this product or the other. The truth is that the vagina is a self-cleansing organ and douching especially with harsh products will do more bad than good.