Ladies, eight things to do when he suddenly stops texting you
Our mobile phones have taken over face to face communication. As unhealthy as it is, texting and sending messages on WhatsApp is how the average Nairobi couple keeps in touch today.
When your love interest thus suddenly stops texting, there is a cause for alarm. The good news is that there are ways to handle the situation with grace. Here’s a look into some of them;
1. Do nothing – This is the best way to tackle a man who suddenly stops texting you. Just ignore it. If he is one of those that like to play games, he will come around.
2. Don’t blame yourself – This is the first thing that a woman finding herself on the other side of this silence should remember. His not texting could be due to a number of reasons, he could be busy or maybe he just didn’t want to. Maybe he moved on. Whatever the case, it isn’t your fault.
3. Self-control – If a man doesn’t text back, it is okay to do a follow up text to make sure that he is okay. If this one goes unanswered, let it go. Give him some space. Every man needs it every so often.
4. Distract yourself – There is a whole lot of things that you could do with yourself rather than sit there and mull over why he hasn’t called you back. Try doing something to distract yourself. Something that you enjoy doing.
5. Do not play it on your mind – Just as you should keep yourself physically busy, try and also keep your mind from all of it. Otherwise, you might drive yourself crazy thinking about the reasons why he could be behaving as he is.
6. Straight up ask him – If you have physical access to him, just go up to where he is and ask him why he stopped texting you. While you may not like the answer he gives, knowing will save you from a lot of heart ache and time wasted guessing.
7. Ask friends or family about him – The truth is that something terrible might have happened to your man. Before you write him off as just another joker, try asking his friends and family after him just to make sure that he is okay.