Nairobi News

GeneralMust ReadNewsWhat's Hot

Man, 57, dies after checking into hotel with 21-year-old lady

Police in Nakuru are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 57-year-old man in a hotel room he shared with a 21-year-old girl.

The two Geoffrey Njoroge Maina and Joy Moragwa had checked into the hotel at around 1pm on Tuesday.

Police said the woman who checked in with the deceased reported to the receptionist at around 5pm that the man had developed breathing difficulties before he was found dead on the bed.

The receptionist then called the police, who attended and processed the scene.

“This prompted her to seek help from the police. The scene was visited, processed, and documented by officers from Kaptembwo Police Station and DCI Nakuru West and found the body lying on the bed with no visible physical injuries,” read part of the police report.

According to the report, preliminary investigations revealed no physical injuries on the body of the deceased.

The scene was visited, processed, and documented by officers from Kaptembwo Police Station, Crime Scene Investigation personnel, and the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) from Nakuru West.

Last week, police officers in Kitengela arrested a 23-year-old woman after her 59-year-old lover died in her house.

Police said that the man died shortly after having lunch at her house along Balozi Road in Kitengela, Kajiado county.

The man who has since been positively identified is said to have been romantically involved with her for three years and often visited her place during the day and leaves in the evening.

The two according to a statement that the suspect gave said that they had lunch which she had prepared before they retired to bed together.

“She prepared meat stew and ugali, which they took for lunch. After eating, he requested that they proceed to the bedroom. At around 1600hrs, as they were making love, he fell unconscious. She placed him beside her, but unfortunately, the deceased went for a long call on the bed,” police said in their report.

According to the police, the man’s female companion is said to have called a friend after noticing the deceased had become unconscious to assist her in taking him to the hospital.

They rushed him to hospital, where he was confirmed dead on arrival.

Also read: Tanzanian singer Mbosso clarifies his ‘beef’ with Otile Brown

Scam alert: Cybercriminals target well-wishers and donors amid Hamas-Israel war