Nairobi News

LifeWhat's Hot

Man who chased away wife survives penis chop by lover – PHOTOS

A man who chased away his wife and moved into his girlfriend’s house now rues his ill judgement.

Eliud Kithaka, a stonemason, had sold his farm for Sh420, 000 last year and chased away his wife to move in with his lover of two years.

The new found love however started to sour after the two had squandered the money.

On Sunday mid-morning, his girlfriend, who is also a widow, returned home drunk and told him to leave. She turned violent and cut his genitals using a kitchen life.

“I squandered all the money with my girlfriend and when I became broke she attempted to dump me. When I resisted, she attacked me and my condition is really bad,” said Mr Kithaka.

He is now fighting for his life following the attack that left relatives, friends and resident at Thumaita village in Kirinyaga County in shock.



The man narrated to journalists how, while sleeping in the house at around 11am, his girlfriend had arrived home after spending Saturday night out and commanded him to leave the house.

He defied her directive as she insisted that she was fed up with him and he must vacate the house.

The two quarreled for minutes before everything cooled down.

Moments later, the unsuspecting Mr Kithaka went to bed and continued to sleep.  The woman then took a knife and started cutting his genitals.

“As I was sleeping, I felt a sharp pain and woke up only to see my girlfriend severing my private parts and I put up a spirited fight. I held her by the hand and managed to snatch the knife from her and threw it outside,” he said.

After the attack, the woman, who is a rice farmer in the area escaped leaving Mr Kithaka bleeding profusely.

The man dressed the wound with a piece of cloth and rushed to a private clinic at Kagio town. The doctor at the clinic refused to treat him because he could not pay up for the service.

“When the doctor saw my condition, he asked me to part with Sh4,000 and since I did not have, he only administered first aid and told me to leave.



“I was confused because nurses at public hospitals and dispensaries are on strike and I decided to go back to my girlfriend’s house. I kept on nursing the wound using salty water until my parents learnt of my problem and came for me,” he said.

On Wednesday, Mr Kithaka visited the Sagana Health Centre and given a prescription of antibiotics and pain killers.

A clinical officer, Ms Njambi Zaweria said the cut had overstayed and could not be stitched, adding that the victim required to undergo ex-ray to establish how deep the cut is.

My Kithaka is now crying for justice following the attack.

“I have reported the matter to the police and I want the woman to be arrested and prosecuted,” he said.

The victim’s father, Mr Kimuu Ngaruri said he learnt of the brutal attack of my son with great shock.

“I was lost for words when I heard what had happened to my son who disappeared home after selling his farm.I had to go for him so that I could assist him nurse his wound and save his life,” said Mr Ngaruri.

“Since he pleaded with me to allow him back home I have to take care of him and assist him to get justice,” said Mzee Ngaruri.