Nairobi News

LifeMust ReadNews

Man in critical condition after jumping off city hotel’s eighth floor

A middle-aged man was on Wednesday night rushed to the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) after jumping from the eighth floor of a city hotel.

The victim is reported to have checked into Salehe Hotel on Koinange Street on Tuesday.

According to the police, on Wednesday around midday, the man intruded on another guest’s room and locked himself in.

“A male adult aged 40 who was of Somali origin on January 10, 2022, around 6pm booked room 802 at the Salehe Hotel along Koinange street where he spent the night. However, around noon on Wednesday, January 11, 2023, he intruded on room 205 booked by another guest who at the time was attending to his family who was in room 804,” the police said in a report.

Also read: Watch – Rally driver Maxine Wahome now being investigated for her boyfriend’s murder

According to the police, when the occupant of room 205 came back, he found his room locked from the inside, and when he knocked there was no response. He later heard a loud bhang.

He then alerted the management of the hotel who checked and found the victim who had jumped from the eighth floor of the hotel to the rooftop of the next building.

“On alerting the management, they found out that the man had jumped out from the room and landed on the roof of Trust Mansion Building adjacent to the hotel,” the police said.

Also read: Death is cruel – Tributes pour for man who died after car plunged from Diamond Plaza 2nd floor parking lot

The man was rushed to KNH where he was admitted in a serious condition as police commenced investigations.

Meanwhile, an elderly Tanzanian national who lived alone was found dead in her house in Nairobi.

Police said they were informed that Christine Mmwanga, 70, was found dead in her room long after she had failed to respond to calls from her neighbours.

Also read: City man dies after car plunges from Diamond Plaza parking lot in Parklands

The deceased lived alone at Approtech Apartments on Church Road in Muthangari.

The woman is believed to have died more than a week ago. A team of police officers arrived at the house and broke in where they found the body.

Police who visited the scene said the body had decomposed and fluids were oozing from openings.

Also read: Here’s why Jackie Matubia is planning to ‘disappear’