Five of the best quotes from Miguna Miguna on JKL
Nairobi gubernatorial aspirant Miguna Miguna on Wednesday night made a comeback onto our TV screens. And true to character he held back no punches. During an appearance on the popular Jeff Koinange Live, Miguna was at his critical and controversial best.
Here are some of the few standout quotes from this interview:
1. “But I give you traffic, Jeff” – In between a heated argument between Miguna and Jeff Koinange, the Canada based lawyer suddenly remarked, “but you know that I always bring traffic to your show Jeff”. In essence, Miguna is saying there is a particular audience who particularly watch the show because he is making an appearance.
2. “I have never even stolen someone’s wife” – For the umpteenth time, the outspoken Miguna, after blasting his political opponents in Nairobi, went on to more or less brag about his clean track record on corruption matters. He basically challenged anyone with evidence of him taking or receiving a bribe to come forward.
3. “I’m winning the Nairobi gubernatorial seat” – As he’s always done when hosting politicians, Jeff Koinange conducted with Miguna an unscientific poll whose results gave him a 34 percent popular rating among Nairobians. To which Miguna explained. “You see, it means (my rivals) Peter Kenneth, Evans Kidero and Mike Sonko will share the remaining percentage. It means I am the most popular.”
4. “Sonko cannot spell the word Governor” – That Sonko cannot spell the title of the political job he is searching for? This is debatable. But Miguna actually said it. The comment was perhaps meant to discredit Sonko’s academic credentials.
5. “Raila got more votes in Gatanga compared to Peter Kenneth” – Miguna also suggested during the show that Peter Kenneth was so unpopular in his home turf, that the relatively unpopular Raila Odinga (atleast in Central Kenya turf) managed to beat him. This we have statistically ascertained is factual.