Kenneth to run as an independent candidate
Nairobi gubernatorial candidate Peter Kenneth on Sunday hinted that he may run as an independent candidate after failing to secure the Jubilee Party ticket.
Kenneth, who lost to Senator Mike Sonko after garnering votes 62,504 to the latter’s 138,185 votes, termed the nomination as a fuss election but fell short of explicitly say that he had decamped from Jubilee Party.
“We know that the elections were stolen. When we cross the bridge on Monday or Tuesday, it will only be desirable that we make another move. This contest has just began,” Kenneth told worshippers at St Stephen’s ACK Church in Nairobi on Sunday.
Kenneth also claimed that ineligible voters, who had been ferried from other counties, were allowed to engage in circular voting in several polling stations during Wednesday’s exercise.
The former Gatanga MP also pointed an accusing finger at an unnamed party operative closely associated to Sonko who had vowed to ensure he loses the nominations unless he kneels down before him.
“You cant intimidate Peter Kenneth. You can’t determine someone’s destiny. It is not over until its over,” he said.
Kenneth also admonished Jubilee Party for their glaring inadequacies during the chaotic party primaries that saw numerous appeals lodged by aspirants who lost their bids.