Power blackouts to affect 8 counties today
Kenya Power has announced scheduled power interruptions in eight counties today, Wednesday, September 13, 2023, to facilitate essential maintenance work.
These interruptions will impact various areas and communities within the affected counties.
Uasin Gishu County:
– Areas Affected: Chepkengoi Primary School and adjacent customers.
Trans Nzoia County:
– Areas Affected: Moi’s Bridge, Matunda, Chukura, Kona Mbaya, Nzoia, Binyenya, Mbururu, and adjacent customers.
Elgeyo Marakwet County:
– Areas Affected: Kessup Sawmill, Kiptingo, Kipsoen Secondary School, Kipsoen Technical School, Yogot Dam, Chelingwa, Chepsisi, Mutei, Kamkono, Kapteren, Kapkoi, Kamore, Kichawat, Chepkosom Dam, Moim, Chelemetia, Kameza, Belgut Village, Muno Market, and adjacent customers. Additionally, Yatoi Market, Kapcherop Tea Factory, Kapcherop Boys High School, Kapkanyar, and adjacent customers will also experience interruptions.
– Areas Affected: Siaya Referral Hospital, Tehila, Pandi Estate, Banana Catholic Church, Banana Estate, Siaya Institute, and adjacent customers.
Homa Bay County:
– Areas Affected: Marindi, Murram, Ombo, Rodi Market, Wiobiero Secondary School, Marindi Market, Kuja Safaricom Booster, Aluor Mixed Secondary School, Ndira Kakoth Primary School, Okota Secondary School, Mariri Primary School, and Koduol Primary School.
– Areas Affected: Kamacharia, Kamune, Kagumoini Market, Kora Market, Iruri Market, Thuita Market, Kiaga Coffee Factory, Karuthi Coffee Factory, Kariki, and adjacent customers.
– Areas Affected: Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS), Kinna, Prison areas, Kiengu, Garbatulaa, Kula Mawe, Kiutine, Karichu, Kaboito, Rhino Camp, Kangeta Prison, Njia Boys, Kathelwa, and adjacent customers.
– Areas Affected: Rugogwe, Machanga Dispensary, Umau, Nyangwa, Kirima, Kaweru, Kiametho, Kamunyange, Kwa Machembe, and adjacent customers.
Power interruptions are a common occurrence during maintenance operations, and they often result in challenges for businesses operating in the affected areas, leading to potential financial losses.
A number of businesses are usually affected whenever there is a power blackout, with the owners ending up counting losses.