Uhuru’s family applies for title deed after losing document
President Uhuru Kenyatta’s family has applied for a provisional certificate from the Ministry of Lands after losing the title deed of a 1.33-hectare parcel of land.
In a Friday Kenya Gazette, Mombasa registrar of titles DJ Safari said sufficient evidence had been adduced to show that the document was lost.
He said after 60 days of the notice, “I shall issue a provisional certificate of title, provided no objection has been received.”
The registrar quoted the registered owner of the land as Mzee Jomo Kenyatta of P. O. Box 236-00232, Ruiru.
The notice does not give the exact location of the plot.
Contacted, National Land Commission Chairman Muhammad Swazuri said it was normal for gazette notices to be published on land matters.
“There is no need to read more than what the notice says because this is an ordinary procedure,” he added.
Dr Swazuri said notices of such nature alert the public of pending issuance of provisional certificates.
“The notice provides the 60-day period in case of a dispute,” he said.
Asked whether he was aware of the Kenyatta family’s loss of title, Dr Swazuri responded in the negative.