Nairobi News


Scorned woman stabs 18-year-old lover to death

A single mother of five is mourning the death of her first born son who was stabbed to death by an older woman on Friday at Mukuru kwa Njenga.

Judith Akinyi narrated to Nairobi News how her 18-year-old son Leonard Onyango was stabbed to death by a mother of two who was once their neighbour.

Jerida Anido, 25, is said to have visited her previous neighbourhood on Friday afternoon with vengeance telling her old friends that she wanted to kill someone for refusing her advances.

“I was told by the women who spoke to her that she kept saying that she would kill someone before the end of the day until she met my son and shouted, ‘Ndio huyu’ and stabbed him,” said Ms Akinyi.


According to a police report filed at Embakasi station, the incident took place at 12:30pm around sisal area and the deceased was stabbed on the right thigh.

“Police rescued the suspect (Jerida) from the angry mob, and she had sustained injuries on the head,” read the report in part.

Onyango, who was still a secondary student, was pronounced dead on arrival at Shalom Hospital and his body taken to city mortuary.

As the family plans for a burial in Siaya County, Ms Akinyi recounted to Nairobi News how she once received a threat message stating that her son would soon end up in the morgue.


“I showed my son the message and asked if he recognized the number that had sent the message. He said it was a woman who used to live in our plot and had been seeking a love relationship with him but he refused,” said Ms Akinyi.

The mother of five, whose surviving four children are still in primary school, ignored the text message and never reported the threat to the police.

“The message however made me curious and I started asking my neighbours about this woman, I was told she likes being in relationships with young boys and was once involved in a bitter love triangle. I warned my son to stay away from her,” said Ms Akinyi.

The mother never heard from her until the Friday incident that happened when she had travelled out of Nairobi only to come home and hear that her son was killed.