Seven simple DIY tips to refresh your home this weekend
With the weekend comes some partying and later clean up before another week starts.
When cleaning your home you can take time to try this tips that will sort your stain or clogging problems.
1. Clogged shower head – You have probably been struggling with a shower head that sprays water in all directions and has blocked holes. Unblock your shower head by putting a zip lock bag half full of white vinegar over it. Let it stay for a couple of hours to rid the shower of mineral deposits that block it and after removal just let the water flow to clear traces of vinegar.
2. Clean up a stained sink – A stained white sink can be tough to clean up but consider using baking soda and vinegar to clean up the tough stains. Spray the mixture around your sink and scrub away.
3. Unclog drains – Whether it is that kitchen sink or bathroom drain that is blocked, pour some baking soda then activate it with vinegar and watch your drainage gets reactivated again, the mixture also gets rid of bad smell coming from the drains.
4. Bathroom tiles – Tiles tend to get mold with time owing to the steam that is left after showers. To clean up the brown stuff between your tiles spray some baking soda and warm water mixture then scrub using a toothbrush and rinse the bathroom.
5. Microwave stains – Foods can leave the microwave stained and instead of using any chemical cleaning solutions, just put a bowl of water and switch on the microwave for a few minutes. Remove the bowl and wipe through the microwave with a kitchen towel, the steam from the water will do wonders.
6. Fridge – This is another tricky appliance and to effectively clean it just have some warm water and add a few drops of lemon juice. Use the solution to wipe through the compartments and even outside to get rid of those ugly stains.
7. Air freshener – If you want to treat your home to some DIY air freshener this weekend, mix half a cup of water with half a cup of alcohol then add your favourite essential oil. Shake the mixture and use a spray bottle to make your home smell lovely.