Six things to know about Roselyn Akombe
IEBC commissioner Roselyn Akombe quit Wednesday morning throwing the presidential election planned for October 26 into disarray.
Here are six things to know about her:
1. She was born in 1976 in Nyamira County.
2. She studied Education at the University of Nairobi before going to the US for further studies. She holds a Master of Science in Global Affairs and a PhD in the same subject, both from the Rutgers University.
3. By joining the electoral body, she took a pay cut of up to 70 per cent. Dr Kwamboka explained that it was a sacrifice she took as a patriot willing to serve her country. She took a sabbatical from the UN meaning she earned Sh0 from the body.
4. Before joining the IEBC, she worked as an Under-Secretary at the United Nations headquarters in New York. She says the enabled her to gain experience in electoral practices around the world.
5. She has lived abroad for more than 15 years.
6. She told the Justice and Legal Affairs Committee that her education was funded by Higher Education Loans Board and harambees.