Six year old killed in Huruma fire
A six year old boy was burnt to death in Huruma on Tuesday night in a fire that razed down shanty houses in the area.
The cause of the fire is suspected to have been a paraffin stove left unattended.
David Mwangi is reported to have been asleep as the parents were attending a church service.
The boy’s mother, Maryanne Mumbi, feared for the worst when she heard news of the fire.
Attempts by neighbours to stop the fire and save the boy proved futile.
In the attempt to control the fire, one person was injured and rushed to Huruma Nursing hospital for treatment.
Firefighters arrived at scene and managed to put off the fire.