Nairobi News

NewsWhat's Hot

Pathologist describes how slain city lawyer Willy Kimani met his death

The government’s chief pathologist Dr Johansen Oduor told the high court a boulder was used to crush the head of rights lawyer Willy Kimani whose decomposed body was recovered at Athi River near Ol Donyo Sabuk seven days after he was reported missing.

Dr Oduor, who carried out an autopsy on the body of Mr Kimani said on Monday the the deceased “had severe head injuries which fractured his skull.”

Led in his evidence by a Senior Assistant Director of Public Prosecutions Mr Nicholas Mutuku , Dr Oduor said “ the injuries on the skull of the slain lawyer were consistent with a crush of a heavy blunt object like a boulder.”


The pathologist said the skull of the lawyer had fractures in the facial, back and sides.

He added that the right hand was broken and injuries showed that “ he was resisting a violent attack,”

Dr Oduor was testifying in the case in which former Syo Kimau Administration Police Camp officer in-charge Senior Sergent Fredrick Leliman , his assistant Sergent Leonard Mwangi Maina, APC Stephen Cheburet Morogo , APC Sylvia Wanjiku Wanjohi and police informer Peter Ngugi Kamau have denied murdering Kimani, his client Josephat Mwenda and taxi-driver Joseph Muiruri.

The fice suspects are accused of executing the three in Soweto, within Mlolongo, on the night of June 23/24 2016.

Dr Oduor identified a CT scan on the skull of Mr Kimani and also photographs taken by the scene of crime officers when he carried out the autopsy on the body of the slain lawyer.


He said when he dissected the body , the liver , lungs , the brain and the spleen had begun to decompose.

The pathologist said that after carrying out all the external and internal examination, he formed the opinion that “ Mr Kimani died from head and body injuries inflicted forcefully with a blunt object.”

In his opening remarks, Mr Mutuku told the judge that the “Mavoko three” were kidnapped by Mr Leliman who bundled them into his private vehicle, drove them to the AP Camp at Syokimau where they were detained and at night they were removed from the cells then killed one after the other at an undeveloped farm in Soweto

Their bodies were stashed into bags then dumped in Athi River.

Mr Lelimani’s police walkie-talkie was traced from Syo Kimau to Ol Donyo Sabuk where the bodies of the three were retrieved from Athi River.

Hearing continues.