Here are the nine people Sonko is vetting for deputy governor
Nairobi gubernatorial aspirant Mike Sonko has sought the help of his Facebook followers to determine who among the nine shortlisted candidates will become his deputy.
The flamboyant politician won the Jubilee Party nomination with a landslide and has been holding discussions to help identify a suitable running mate.
This even after one of his rivals for the party ticket, Bishop Margret Wanjiru, had said the two had struck a deal that whoever wins makes the other their deputy.
Sonko during an interview after his win however said the pact does not stand as it is the people of Nairobi who will give him a suitable deputy.
Here are the nine people as listed by Sonko who are facing a Facebook poll:
1. Bishop Margaret Wanjiru – Former MP, Asst. Minister & current preacher at JIAM
2. Denis Waweru – MP & CEO Faida Investment Bank
3. Millicent Omanga – Former Directior KENGEN
4. John Gakuo – Former Town clerk NCC
5. Janet Ouko – Educationist
6. Jimnah Mbaru – Current chairman Dyer & Blair Investments
7. Raymond Matiba – Former chairman KTB
8. Prof James Ole Kiyapi – Former PS & Presidential candidate.
9. Polycarp Igathe – CEO Vivo (K) Ltd & former chairman KAM (Kenya Association of Manufacturers)