Nairobi News

HustleMust ReadNewsWhat's Hot

Two Police officers commit suicide in Mombasa

Two police officers on Tuesday committed suicide in separate incidents within Mombasa County.

In the first incident, an officer identified as Mr Dennis Kamau Ndung’u attached to Nyali Police Station committed suicide by shooting himself with a firearm while he was inside his room.

In a police report seen by Nairobi News,  Mr Kamau ended his life at an unknown time until his lifeless body was found by colleagues.

“The officer had committed suicide by shooting himself with a firearm while in his room at an unknown time. The scene was visited by senior officers attached to the police station and it was established that the deceased shot himself from the right side of the head and bullet exited on the left side using his official firearm,” the report read in part.

The firearm, a Glock19 pistol of serial number GBZ767 which had 12 rounds of 9mm ammunition, three spent cartridges and a shattered Samsung mobile phone “were recovered at the scene and kept as exhibits.”

The scene was documented and the body was picked and taken to Pandya Hospital Morgue for preservation awaiting a postmortem that will take place later this week.

In the second incident, another officer identified as Mr David Koech Kurgat committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest.

A police report seen by this reporter revealed that two officers identified as Ramadhan Ali and Kiprono Koech were patrolling at Bandari Sacco wall when they found the body of the deceased lying in a pool of blood.

“They found the body of the deceased lying facing downwards outside the container in a pool of blood oozing from the back and an AK47 of serial number KP5501874 rifle beside him,” the report filed at Concordia Police Post in Kisauni Sub County read in part.

The duo in return informed the Mr Benard Changwony who is in charge of the police post who led other officers to the scene.

Investigations by the team at the scene revealed that the deceased was relieved of his duties on Monday, April 11, 2022, at 7 pm.

At the police post was Mr Changwony who was the duty officer. Mr Changwony excused himself to respond to a distress call leaving behind the deceased at the post.

“It is suspected that the deceased secretly sneaked back to the scene where he shot himself on the left side of the chest and died instantly. Nobody heard the gunshot,” the police report further revealed.

The scene was processed by the scenes of crime personnel and the body was moved to the Coast General Hospital morgue awaiting an autopsy.

The deceased did not leave any suicide note behind.