Nairobi News

GeneralHustleNewsWhat's Hot

Enos Lagat, the man abducted in Lang’ata, found alive

Enos Kipkoech Lagat, a man who was abducted by unknown men nine days ago, has finally been found alive.

Mr Lagat turned up on Sunday, April 7, 2023 night in Lang’ata where he met some of his close friends. Some of the friends were those he was with on Saturday March 30, the day he was abducted.

Photos of the reunion in our possession clearly show Mr Lagat happy to be alive, but it remains unclear why he was abducted and where he has been held for the past nine days.

“He has finally been found and this is very good news,” said Mr Joshua Letting a close friend to Mr Lagat.

Mr Lagat, along with friends, relatives and neighbours, organised a demonstration at his home in Kapseret Constituency, Uasin Gishu County on Sunday April 7 – this was before his reappearance.

During the demonstration, Human Rights activist Kimutai Kirui said that he believed police officers had a hand in the abduction of Mr Lagat.

According to him, if he will not be released in two days then they would carry on with the demonstrations as from Wednesday, April 10.

“If officers attached to DCI are the one who have him, they should release him immediately. Simply, because it is a violation of a human right to stay with someone for over ten days and the family does not know where he is,” said Mr Kirui.

His disappearance was reported at Lang’ata Police Station and recorded under Occurrence Book (OB) number 74/31/03/24. It was reported by a person only known as Mr Busienei.

On the day of his abduction, two men bundled him into a waiting Subaru inside Uchumi Hyper in Lang’ata Sub County, Nairobi, and he was never seen again until his reappearance.

When this reporter visited the police station, Mr Said Mwanzombo the Lang’ata Sub-County DCI boss said that they were on with the investigations and that a number of people had recorded statement over the abduction.

“All I can say for now is that the matter is still under investigation. We are making follow-up and currently several witnesses have also recorded statements on the same,” he said.

He also said that an analysis of the calls he made on that day using his phone number was ongoing.