Nairobi News

NewsWhat's Hot

Police kill two suspects in Dagoreti after failed robbery

Police officers on Monday evening shot dead two suspects after they tried to rob a woman who had just alighted from a matatu.

The incident at Kikuyu/Kihuho road junction involved a gang of four men riding on a motorcycle who had attempted to rob the woman, according to a police report.

“The commotion attracted the attention of boda boda operators and police officers on patrol who responded and shot the two after they started firing at the officers,” the report states.

According to the police, the four men were challenged to surrender but one of them drew a firearm and shot at the officers prompting the officers to respond and fatally shooting the two as the other two escaped.

A homemade pistol capable of firing and loaded with two rounds of 9mm was recovered together with a motorcycle registration number KMDW 116 S.

The two bodies of the unidentified male suspects were taken to City Mortuary.


Elsewhere in the city centre along Charles Rubia Road, a man was found dead in a hotel room he had rented on Sunday night.

The incident was reported by the hotel manager who told the police that the deceased was found dead in their facility.

According to a police report, the deceased had no visible injuries and had on Monday morning complained to his friend that he was not feeling well and that he had a stomachache.

And a police officer escaped with injuries when a tree fell on him while he was manning a roadblock along Likoni Road in industrial area.

Corporal Edward Nzaka sustained bruises on the back, head and left elbow. He also complained of neck pains and had a swollen knee. He was rushed to Radiant Hospital and admitted in stable condition.


In Eastleigh, police are looking for a man who stabbed his wife and left her for dead.

Shukri Ahmed Mohammed was washing utensils outside her house Monday when she was attcked by her husband Jamal Osman Adam, She was left with deep cuts on the head, back, neck both hands and her right leg before fleeing the scene.

Ms Shukri was rushed to MP Shah Hospital where she was admitted in serious condition. The police are still looking for the motive of attack.