No, my father did not ask for Sh40 million from my abusive ex-lover
The woman who has accused her ex-lover of battering her leaving her with a black eye and a swollen lip has refuted reports in sections of the media that her father demanded Sh 40 million from her assailant.
Ruth Gakii who is still admitted in hospital told Nairobi News termed those reports as misleading.
“I don’t know where these reports are coming from. Alphonse (Kambu) apologized to my father through a text message but my father has not asked him for any money,” said Ms Gakii.
An article published on Friday in a local daily, reported that the victim’s father wants her daughter to be compensated.
The article only identified Ms Gakii’s father as Samuel but attributed a quote to him. However, according to Ms Gakii her parents never asked for any compensation or money from her ex-lover.
Ms Gakii was on Sunday assaulted by Alphonse Kambu an employee of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) at her home along Kamiti road after he came home drunk and demanded for food.
The 26-year-old mother was left helpless after her house help ran with her son leaving her at the mercy of her abusive ex-lover.
Ms Gakii says that her ex-lover had been violent during their relationship resulting in their separation in 2012.
After the separation, the couple got entangled in a court battle over child custody, a case which was ruled in Ms Gakii’s favour.
However, Mr Kambu has been picking and spending time with his son during weekends.
Police are investigating the assault allegations and are still looking for the UNEP employee who is said to have gone into hiding.