Nairobi News

NewsWhat's Hot

Naivasha ‘vampire’ has a new confession

A man linked to a series of macabre murders in Naivasha town six years ago now says he was framed by police officers who coerced him to admit to murder charges.

Suspected serial killer Geoffrey Matheri alias ‘Fongo’ on Friday told a Nakuru High court that he was fixed after police officers at the Naivasha Police Station threatened him with death if he failed to confess to being behind the spate of killings.

“I was forced by police to confess that I was a serial killer. They issued me with death threats and told me to admit that I killed women and sucked their blood,” he submitted before Justice Maureen Odero.

He made the claims when he was put on defence by the court after the state had demonstrated an arguable case against him.

The murder suspect who was clad in a black suit and who appeared composed further denied that the house where police exhumed corpses was his home.

Instead, he said he was a street boy who eked a living from supplying water to local hotels in Naivasha town and that he never owned a house.

“The house where corpses were recovered was not mine. I was only escorted to the crime scene by police,” he told the court.


He also said that he and Bishop Jeremiah Parangyo of the New Hope for All Nations Church, whom he had earlier  linked to the murders were innocent.

After his arrest in 2008, Matheri had claimed Bishop Parangyo had instructed him to kill and sell to him body parts.

State witnesses have linked Mr Matheri to a series of murders including that of Ms Naomi Wairimu, crimes he  allegedly committed on diverse dates between January 1 and August 14, 2008 at his Kihoto house on the outskirts of Naivasha town.

Before he was arrested and charged with the murder of Ms Wairimu, the suspected serial killer shocked the country when he confessed before detectives of abducting women, raping and sucking their blood.

He earned the nickname ‘Naivasha vampire’ after some of his victims who were rescued revealed that he had been sucking blood from them.

In November 2014, Mr Matheri was found guilty of kidnap by a Naivasha magistrate and was jailed for four years, a jail term he is currently serving at the Naivasha Maximum Prisons.

The murder case he is facing commenced on July last year, after dragging on since he pleaded not guilty to the charges more than five years ago.

Witnesses who have testified in court portrayed Mr Matheri as a hardcore serial killer who kidnapped even school girls, murdered them before sucking their blood. Hearing continues in May 6.