Nairobi News

NewsWhat's Hot

Man dies after being run over by train in Kahawa West

A 44-year-old man died in Kahawa West after being run over by a train on Saturday.

Antony Mwaura Mwake was knocked down by a train at 9:30pm and died at Kahawa West trading centre railway section.

The train was being driven to Ruiru by George Muyondi and a guard JD Surimba when the incident occurred leaving Mwaura dead.

The mutilated body was taken to City Mortuary as police investigate the incident.


In another incident, a hitch hiker fell to his death from a lorry at Chokaa area along Kangundo road.

David Kilonzo fell down as he attempted to climb a lorry that was being driven by Peter Ngunyi Njuguna.

Kilonzo was rushed to Mama Lucy Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The lorry has since been detained at Kayole Police Station pending investigations.


In Kakamega, a manager at Chinese Road and Construction Company on Saturday lost Sh3million meant for employees’ wages to thieves.

Willis Zou was on his way from Kakamega town’s Equity Bank with a driver Moses Masinga when a motorcycle blocked them and a rider smashed the vehicle’s window demanding for the money.

“About half a kilometer from Lubao they were blocked by a motor cycle whereby one man alighted with a pistol went to the manager at the rear seat, smashed the window and demanded for the bag that had the cash,” read a police report.

The man escaped with the bag and boarded the motorcycle but the driver Masinga managed to hit them.

The passenger fell down but the rider escaped with the bag into the sugarcane plantation.

Police have since arrested the accomplice and recovered a Ceska pistol with four rounds of ammunition.


Elsewhere, an 11 year old boy of Sudanese origin drowned in a pool of collected rain water in Kakuma on Saturday, along Nabek Lagga.

Chan Akoch Aben drowned as he was swimming with other children in the pool.

Police, who visited the scene established that the body had no physical injury. The deceased’s body was moved to Kakuma General Hospital awaiting postmortem.