Mombasa Governor Abdulswamad Shariff hands famous actor Ken Ambani lucrative appointment
Veteran Kenyan actor Kenneth Ambani, popularly known as Baraza from the oldies series, Tausi, is among ten new employees in the Mombasa County government.
On March 15, 2023, Mr Ambani shared that Governor Abdulswamad Shariff Nassir had selected him as one of his County Executive Committee members following approval by the Mombasa County Assembly.
He was appointed CEC at the Department of Public Service Administration, Youth, Gender, Social Services, and Sports.
“Out of the several million Kenyans, you appointed me to be among your 10 CECMs. I don’t take that for granted Sir! Thank you @A_S_Nassir. Ready to serve Mombasa, so help me God #PublicServiceAdminYouthGenderSportsSocialServices #MunguMbele,” said Mr Ambani in his celebratory statement.
Tausi became a household name in Kenya when the series aired for five years until it went off air in the year 2000.
Ken Ambani was especially noteworthy for his looks and acting skills as Baraza, the character that thrust him into the international limelight. Aside from Tausi, he also featured in other renowned productions including Wingu La Moto, Tushauriane, Shuga, Mali, Makutano Junction, Cobra Squad, Subira and Kovu among several others. He has also starred in international productions in South Africa.
Kenneth Ambani is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Mafiga Africa PR & Marketing, TVCs, Documentaries, Feature and Short films. He is a Kenyan award winning actor as well as a former manager at Posta Kenya.
He is a father of four and has been in the film industry for over 22 years.
On February 8, 2023, the Mombasa County Assembly convened a special sitting to vet the CEC nominees for 10 positions. The names of the nominees listed on the County’s official website included:
1. The Department of Environment and Solid Waste Management – Mr. Francis Foleni Thoya.
2. The Department of Education and Digital Transformation – Dr. Mbwarali Kame Mboramad.
3. The Department of Finance and Economic Planning – Mr. Evans Oanda.
4. The Department of Health – Dr. Swabaha Ahmed Omar.
5. The Department of Transport and Infrastructure – Mr. Daniel Otieno Manyalla.
6. The Department of Water, Natural Resources and Climate Change Resilience – Ms. Emily Achieng Okelo.
7. The Department of Lands, Urban and Housing – Mr. Mohamed Hussein Mohamed.
8. The Department of Public Service Administration, Youth, Gender, Social Services and Sports – Mr. Kenneth Muigai.
9. The Department of Blue Economy, Agriculture and Livestock – Ms. Kibibi Abdalla Khamis.
10. The Department of tourism Culture and Trade – Mr. Mohamed Osman.