Do you know them? Kindiki releases names of 35 most wanted terror suspects
On Tuesday, October 17, Interior Cabinet Secretary Kithure Kindiki released 35 names and photos of Kenya’s most wanted terror suspects.
The CS released both their official names and nicknames, which they are popularly known for and are believed to be linked to several terror incidents in Lamu County and the Boni Enclave generally.
All the male suspects are accused of placing explosive devices, murdering civilians, and attacking the American military base at Manda in 2020.
Others were involved in the attack on the KDF camp in Baure, while the rest serve as drivers, medics, and arms suppliers to the militants who carry out attacks in Kenya.
Their nationalities range from Kenyans, Tanzanians, Somalis, Ethiopians, a British national, and a Bangladeshi national.
Kindiki said in a statement that the 35, whose photographs will be circulated in the mainstream print media and posted on official online platforms of the Ministry of Interior and the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), have been ordered to immediately surrender to any police station in the Republic of Kenya.
He appealed to the public to volunteer information that will lead to the arrest of thirty-five (35) masterminds of the terror network responsible for the deadly terrorist attacks in Lamu County and Boni Enclave in general.
“A substantial cash reward is being offered to any person who provides credible information leading to the arrest of any of the suspects,” said Prof Kindiki.
DCI has also issued a notice seeking to have the suspects brought to book.
“Information on the whereabouts of any of the suspects may be channeled confidentially to the anonymous #FichuakwaDCI Hotline number 0800 722 203 or the police hotline number 999,” reads a notice by DCI.
Here are the names of the wanted suspects:
- Maalim Ayman alias Ayman alias Garaad aka Nuh Ibrahim
- Ramadhan Kioko popularly known as Ali Jeje aka Abu Nusayba alias Abu Ayub
- Abdullahi Banati alias Musdaf – Mzee Simba
- Andreas Martin Muller alias Abu Nusaybah aka Ahmed Khalid
- Abu Amar who hails from Mombasa
- Suleiman Maktum Yusuf Anau alias Abdalla Makhtum, (Tanzanian)
- Abdiweli Yassin Isse Idris Dhul Kifir known as Daeah
- Silla Aka Killa alias Kilaku
- Ibrahim Magag alias Mohamed Ali
- Hassane Jilib-Lamu-Orma (Kenyan)
- Tijana Jilib-Lamu-Orma (Kenyan)
- Fahad alias Abu Harun – (Bangladesh, Jilib)
- Jamalo (Tanzanian)
- Sheikh Nganglangalam Garreh. (Maalim Ayman’s Messenger)
- Janagale Huteiba alias Huteyba (A Somali Ogaden from Ethiopia)
- Bashir Mursal Mohamud alias Jafar
- Abu Khatal
- Maalik Alim Jone (UK Citizen)
- Abu Said alias Biggy alias Ahmed Abdalla. (A Medic)
- Abu Anan alias Justin Righa
- Mzee Mashella alias Mzee Harun
- Warsame Ali
- Mohamed Mwanjama Salim alias Adoo Abu Ansari
- Abdikhadir alias Abdullahi
- Maalim Said Guyo
- Zakaria Karongo from Majengo, Nairobi
- Abdukadir Mohamed Abdukadir alias Ikrima
- Abdifatah Abubakar Abdi alias Musa Kenyati aka Musa Muhaji
- Mohammed Abdi Aiden
- Arqawi alias Mohammed Abdi Aiden
- Yunus (Kenyan). He has a Weapons repairer/armourer. Injured in Sarira airstrike in 2017
- Yakub (Tanzania)
- Abdullahi Dere (Driver)
- Abdinassir (Fnu). (Lost his right leg during Baure KDF Camp attack)