Inside Yoweri Museveni’s Sh15 million mobile toilet
Uganda President Yoweri Museveni has been the talk of town since he elected travelled to Nairobi for President William Ruto’s inauguration alongside his official car and mobile toilet.
Mr Museveni, 78, is normally escorted to most functions with the ‘toilet’ which is fully furnished and even has a seating area. The ‘toilet’ is shiny car grey complete with a red carpet with a three-stair door.
Here are five facts to know about the said toilet:
1. Cost – The vehicle was manufactured in Germany at a reported cost of Sh15 million, as per media reports in Uganda. It has a horsepower and highly torque for speedy overland trips that can be used to navigate tough terrains.
2. Living room – The machine also has a living room complete white leather seats, a round table and kitchen where food can be cooked as the Head of State interacts with guests. It also consists a refrigerator and place for storing plates, bottles, spoons, cups, mugs and glasses are kept.
3. Bed – And that’s not all. President Museveni, who has ruled Uganda for close to four decades, can comfortably sleep in the vehicle as it also consists a bed.
4. Bathroom – Not only does it have a toilet but also consists a bathroom which is spacious with water-heating functions.
The bathroom also has a toilet which is also spacious and always kept clean as the truck has enough water.
5. Lighting and music system – The truck is known to have a lighting and music system which serves the host well when he enjoys a drink and wants to wind down.