Quick facts about the shooting of Ida Odinga’s bodyguard
The bodyguard of Dr Ida Odinga was shot dead at dawn. The assailant is still on the run.
Details of the incident are still scanty but this is what Nairobi News has so far.
- The shooting happened in Kisumu’s Uzima area on October 13, 2022.
- The bodyguard’s name is Barack Onyango Oduor. At the time of the shooting, he was in the company of an unidentified woman and a man.
- The detectives are processing the scene and following up on leads. Kisumu County Commander Alphonse Kimathi confirms
- His body was taken to Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital.
- The police boss will also share a full report of the incident in the course of the day.
- The suspected shooter is alleged to be a manager of one of the popular clubs in Kisumu.
- Witnesses claim that the shooter took off after the shooting.
- Dr Ida’s security man was shot dead and his two companions – the woman and man – escaped with their lives but sustained gunshot wounds on the arm and leg, respectively.
- Police are investigating the motive that led to the shooting.
Keep it here for more information.
Also read our top stories today: